We care about you. While every situation is unique, caregiving stress is universal. Managing life when a loved one has Alzheimer’s disease can be overwhelming. The KU ADRC offers numerous support groups for you.
“I know just what you mean.”
Attend a KU ADRC support group and you might be surprised at what you find. These exceptional gatherings connect you with others who are going through a common situation. They’ll offer you coping strategies and emotional support and, before you know it, you’ll be offering it to others. Support groups:
- Connect you to community resources and updated disease information
- Help you understand the behavior that often accompanies Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Offer specific, actionable tips on how to provide care and manage behaviors
- Provide empathetic emotional support and an outlet for frustrations
- Remind you that you are not alone
- Encourage you to take care of yourself too
We look forward to seeing you!
We offer both in-person and virtual support group options. Upcoming meetings are listed on our calendar of events. We encourage you to look at the list and find one that best fits your needs. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact Amy Yeager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-945-7663.